When Icewarp Mail Server auto-archives e-mail messages it saves the file extension of each archived message as .tmp. This file extension can not be viewed within any IMAP email client (Icewarp Mail Server only reads .imap files for IMAP). However you can use integrated Webmail to view either file extension.
How to configure Auto-Archiving so it can be viewed from Webmail?
- Create a new account in Icewarp specifically for archiving purposes - for example archive.
- Set the path for Auto-Archive (System - Tools - Auto Archive) to the archive account mailbox path, for example:
C:\Program Files\Icewarp\mail\your_domain\archive\archive (This path will not exist and should be created first)
- Optional - Set the option to archive outgoing mail.
- Press the Apply button and wait for mail to start being archived.
- Log on to the archive account using Webmail and you will see a folder called archive and under this folder will be your domains (and the outgoing folder).
- If you need to find a message use the Search feature or click on the folder.