OS: Windows/Linux; IceWarp Server Version: 11/10
Once you download and install Pidgin, you'll need to configure your client to connect to your Icewarp Mail Server. Here's how:
- Open Pidgin
- A wizzard window will open, click on Add
- Protocol: XMPP
- User Name: Joe (name)
- Server: domain.com (This must be the email domain as listed in Icewarp Mail Server)
- Resource: Pidgin (This is basically a profile name, as you can have multiple connections to the IM service with the same Account.
- Password: Enter your password
- Local alias: Put your Screen Name in this field
- Remember password: check the box if you'd like Pidgin to remember your password (you won't be prompted to enter it each time you log in, if you select this option)Enter the following information in the Add Account window:
- Click Add.
If you have questions about Pidgin, visit their FAQs.