Configuring account limits
In Icewarp Mail Server you can set user account limits at three levels:
- Global limit - applies to all accounts within all domains.
- Domain limit - applies to all accounts within the domain, overrides any global settings (if set).
- User limit - applies to the particular user account, overrides any global and domain settings (if set).
To make full use of these limits, they need to be enabled in the following places.
- Domains & Accounts > Management > "domain_name" > Limits tab - check the boxes for limits you may want to override.
- Domains & Accounts > Management > "domain_name" > "user_name" > Limits tab - enable account defaults.
It is recommended that at least the attachment and disk space limits are set for servers.
- 50000 in User mailbox size (kB).
- 13000 in User max message size (kB). Please note that there is an overhead due to base 64 encoding. For a 10 MB limit add around 30 % giving a value of 13000.
Note that these limits will only apply to new accounts.
If you want to change limits on multiple older account settings, you can either:
- Create a group containing the accounts you wish to affect and apply the limits to that group.
- Select multiple users in the management console and apply the limits.
- Use tool.exe (you can use wildcards).
tool.exe modify account *@* u_maxbox 1 u_maxboxsize 50000 u_maxmessagesize 13000
will set set all users in all domains to have a Maximum mailbox size of 50000 kB, a maximum message size of 13000 kB and enable the limit.
You can check all variables in the folder <Icewarp>\api\delphi\apiconst.pas file.
Here are the variables we've used:
U_MaxBox // Bool
U_MaxBoxSize // Int
U_MaxMessageSize // Int
Please note that if you are storing your accounts in an ODBC database, you can use SQL queries to change the data directly within the database.
Updated 09.07.2014, by Valentin