When is a DNS PTR record required by the Mirapoint or RazorGate appliance?
A Mirapoint or RazorGate appliance requires a DNS PTR record in the following instances:
- When a Legato NetWorker server is configured for backup (available only on Mirapoint appliances).
- When SMTP Relay is on; the Mirapoint system checks the reverse lookup for the sender domain.
- When SMTP Relay is on; the RazorGate appliance checks the reverse lookup for the sender domain.
- When there are Trusted Administrator entries.
- When the Mirapoint or RazorGate appliance performs reverse lookups for other internal operations.