What are the system services?
Mirapoint appliance components rely on the message store and include the services described below.
- Administration - Provides a central point of contact on the appliance for administering Mirapoint services, and communicates with most services using the Administration Protocol.
- HTTP - Allows administrators to set the default URL for the service (i.e., what application opens when the URL for your appliance, e.g., http://hostname.domain.com), displays in a web browser), set connection defaults, and set up HTTP proxying
- SMTP - Receives incoming messages for delivery to local mailboxes and transfers outgoing messages to other systems using the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP).
- IMAP - Allows users retrieve and manage messages stored for them on the Mirapoint appliance, using the full Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP).
- POP - Allows users retrieve and download messages stored for them on the Mirapoint appliance, using the Post Office Protocol (POP).
- WebMail - Allows users retrieve and download messages stored for them on the Mirapoint appliance, using different web browsers.
- Calendar - Allows users create and organize events and to-do lists on the Mirapoint appliance using a web browser.
- NDMP - Allows the Mirapoint appliance to be backed up over the Network Data Management Protocol (NDMP) using a certified backup solution.
- Networker - Allows the Mirapoint appliance to employ Legato NetWorker server, NDMP, or other data preservation techniques.
- NIS - Permits the Mirapoint appliance to use Network Information Service (NIS) over the network.
- SNMP - Allows Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) management software to monitor selected system parameters.