I am using both WebMail and Outlook Express to read mail. I deleted messages in WebMail, but Outlook Express still shows the messages present in my folders. How do I remove the messages from my Outlook client?
If your Outlook client gets out of sync with your IMAP folder, you may need to clear the local data (which can include message headers, subject line, message body, etc.) stored on your appliance.
The following procedure applies to Outlook Express version 5. For information on clearing the cache in later releases, see the Outlook Express online help.
Clearing the Outlook Express Cache
To clear the Outlook Express cache, do the following:
- Go to Tools > Options.
- Click the Maintenance tab.
- Click Clean Up Now to clean up downloaded messages on your computer.
- Click Reset. All headers and messages are deleted, and the headers are downloaded again.
- Click Yes when asked, "Are you sure you want to reset and delete all locally cached messages from all folders?".
- Synchronize (Send/Receive).
NOTE: This deletes all offline content for all IMAP and NEWS accounts. An alternate procedure would be to delete and recreate the account to just flush out its data. For more information see the Outlook Express online help.
Please sign in to leave a comment.