How do I expand the limit of an address book?
By default, the Address book will have 1000 maximum contacts and 100 maximum groups. We can increase this limit by changing the address book limits using branding.
Steps to do this are as follows:
- Login to the administration GUI page> System> Branding> download
- Download the current brand file, unzip it
- Under "Sysbrand/Mirapoint_apps_<version>/extras", you can find "brandvars.var" file
- Open this file using notepad and change the value for maximum number of contacts based on your requirement
# maximum number of contacts in Address Book.
"miravar_max_contacts" = "1000";
- Zip it with the same name as before and upload it back into the device
- For uploading through Admin GUI, navigate to System> Branding> Publish
- Browse and select the file location and then click on "publish"
Note: It is not recommended to increase the size of the address book, as it can lead to performance issues.