How do I perform a manual backup using Veritas NetBackup 4.5?
NOTE: Before reading this article, Mirapoint highly recommends reading the latest version of the Mirapoint Backup and Restore Guide.
NOTE: Do not attempt to run a manual backup from the Backup, Archive, and Restore. This method does not work for NDMP backups. Use only the procedure documented below.
Start the NetBackup Administration Console from the command-line by entering the following command:
The login screen displays. Login as an administrator with full access, or as root. Then do the following:
1. From the Main Menu, click on Policies. The Policies window displays.
Figure 1 Policies Window
2. Select the desired policy from the All Policies pane.
3. With the desired policy highlighted, select Actions > Manual Backup from the top tool bar.
Figure 2 Using the Top Tool Bar to Start a Manual Backup
You can also right-click on the desired policy, then select Manual Backup. The Manual Backup pop-up window displays.
Figure 3 Manual Backup Pop-Up Window
4. Verify the settings in the Manual Backup pop-up window. The Policy Name: text box should be the name of the policy you selected in step 2 above. If not, click Cancel to return to the Policies screen, then select the appropriate policy, and repeat step 3 above.
If the policy name in the Policy Name:
text box is correct, but either the Schedules:
fields are incorrect, then your configuration was not completed correctly. See Configuring Veritas NetBackup Version 4.5 for NDMP
for instructions on how to make the necessary corrections.
5. Select the Mirapoint appliance you want to manually back-up from the Clients: list.
6. Select a schedule. If multiple schedules are on the Schedules: list, select any you want to use for this manual backup. If you opt to not highlight a schedule, the backup reflects all.
7. Click OK to start the manual backup.