How do I test my Veritas NetBackup configuration?
NOTE: Before reading this article, Mirapoint highly recommends reading the latest version of the Mirapoint Backup and Restore Guide.
To run a manual backup, do the following:The simplest way to test your NetBackup data management application (DMA) is properly configured is to run a manual backup.
3. Right click on the policy you created (see Setting Up Veritas NetBackup for NDMP Backup).
4. Select Manual Backup.
5. In the Manual Backup window, highlight both the Schedule and Client you created. Click OK.
6. A notification pops up that says the backup has been started. Click OK.
Select Activity Monitor.
7. Right click on the first job on the list, then select Details from the menu. The Job Details dialog box appears.
8. Select the Detailed Status tab to view the progress of the backup.
When the Status window indicates the job is complete (or has failed), check the system log on the Mirapoint Message Server to verify the backup completed properly. The system log also provides valuable statistics about the size of the backup and the speed at which the data was written to tape.