You are only a few steps away from upgrading your existing installation of IceWarp Server into a complete virtual office.
- Add the collaboration features into your License. Simply reactivate the server under the Help>License menu in the administration console - Activate License - enter your current Order ID. On Linux, you can use WebAdmin or wizard.sh and again enter your current Order ID. You will see the new features appear in the license list.
- To enable Instant Messaging, you only need to start the service if it’s not started already. Don’t forget to allow the service ports on your firewall. These are listed under Services in the Administration. If you make any changes, service restart is required.
- A pre-requisite for TeamChat is MySQL, MS SQL or Oracle DB storage for Groupware database. The integrated database migration tool will help you move the data (e.g. from SQLite) into a newly installed database.
These support articles have detailed information about MySQL (recommended):
- Make sure that TeamChat service is running and enabled on the domain. You will want to create a group of users (ideally with all domain users) and create a public folder in it. Make sure that the group has TeamChat enabled as well.
Watch this short video on how to accomplish this in WebAdmin:
- Download the WebDocuments image.
- Install the WebDocuments server, turn on WebDocuments and back in Administration, provide the IP address where WebDocuments is running. Click on “Test Connection” to finalize the setup and verify that WebDocuments are set up correctly.
- It's necessary for the WebDocuments server and IceWarp Server to be mutually accessible
- The address used as TeamChat URL, under SmartDiscover settings on IceWarp Server, must be accessible from the WebDocs Server
- IceWarp Server then needs to be able to communicate with the WebDocuments Server on the ports 80, 443 and 8081. More information below.
- This tutorial video will walk you through the whole process:
You’re all set now. If you need further help, we’re ready to assist you on the Live Chat support on our website.