This article suggests configuration steps to address the synchronisation issues in Microsoft Outlook caused by the ESET Antispam/Antivirus.
- Please note that adjusting ESET Antispam/Antivirus settings will continue securing email data on your computer from the IceWarp Server side.
- If you have another product from ESET or manage ESET from the Management Console on the server, and you happen to see issues with the synchronisation in Outlook Sync, don't hesitate to contact our support for help.
- If you install ESET for the first time, it is recommended to set up a new user profile in Microsoft Outlook to avoid possible synchronisation issues.
All the options below are available under the path ENDPOINT ANTIVIRUS - SETUP - ADVANCED SETUP. Screenshots used in the following guidelines are from ESET ENDPOINT ANTIVIRUS 10.1, running on Windows 11.
1. DISABLE MAIL TRANSPORT PROTECTION
(Path: PROTECTIONS - EMAIL CLIENT PROTECTION - MAIL TRANSPORT PROTECTION)
2. DISABLE MAILBOX PROTECTION
(Path: PROTECTIONS - EMAIL CLIENT PROTECTION - MAILBOX PROTECTION)
3. DISABLE INTEGRATE INTO MICROSOFT OUTLOOK AND ADVANCED EMAIL CLIENT PROCESSING
(Path: PROTECTIONS - EMAIL CLIENT PROTECTION - MAILBOX PROTECTION - INTEGRATIONS)
4. ADD FILE EXTENSIONS EXCLUDED FROM SCANNING
(Path: PROTECTIONS - EMAIL CLIENT PROTECTION - THREATSENSE - EXCLUSIONS)
Should you also run ESET on the Windows Server, please add localhost (127.0.0.1) to the IP exclusion list.