Autodiscover simplifies the configuration of the dashboard, desktop applications and mobile devices that support communication using Microsoft Exchange or other web-based protocols. By supporting automatic discovery users can set up accounts by themselves as the application requires only to specify an email address and password. The application uses autodiscover to obtain all other parameter associated with the account. Applications supporting Autodiscover include:
- IceWarp Dashboard (https://login.icewarp.com/)
- IceWarp Desktop Client
- IceWarp FileSync
- IceWarp Outlook Sync
- IceWarp TeamChat Desktop
- Most mobile devices implementing Exchange Activesync
Autodiscover uses several methods to locate the responsible server for an email address (refer to the Microsoft Documentation for full details). After locating the responsible server for an email address, the application opens a secure connection to the mail server to download an XML file containing the connection parameters for the mailbox account.
Verify the following in your configuration to ensure proper operation of the Autodiscover process:
- Secure connectivity (HTTPS) is accessible to your IceWarp Server from the Internet.
- Your IceWarp Server's SSL certificate is signed by a trusted certificate authority (CA) such as InstantSSL by Comodo. or RapidSSL.
- If you have a web server or other type of server that is accessible via HTTPS when connecting to the root level of your domain (e.g., example.com) you must be sure that the SSL certificate presented by that server (usually your web site) matches your root domain name and the certificate is signed by a trusted CA. You can use online tools such as sslshopper.com to test the accessibility and validity of your server's SSL certificate.
- You do not have a CNAME or any host record for your domain that resolves "autodiscover".
- The Internet hostname of your IceWarp Server matches the name on your SSL certificate.
- All users in IceWarp Server have a full name assigned to their account (the full name must not be empty).
- Your DNS hosting provider supports SRV configuration. See below.
Configuring SRV for Autodiscover
The most reliable method of Autodiscover uses a Service record (SRV). Service records for Autodiscover consist of the following parameters and values:
|Name (your email domain name)||
|Target (your IceWarp Server's Internet hostname)||
Example configuration using Cloudflare.com DNS manager
You can verify your Autodiscover configuration using the Microsoft Remote Connectivity Analyzer.