Please note that with the latest release of IceWarp Deep Castle 2, we have replaced the on-premises version of WebDocuments with cloud microservice called Documents.
When upgrading previous versions to Deep Castle 2, customers should decide if they want too keep the on-premises version of WebDocuments or switch to Documents microservice in the cloud.
Benefits of Documents in the cloud are:
- no deployment or configuration is required
- version is always up-to-date
- data is stored exclusively on your infrastructure
- advanced collaboration options become available
The following options will limit WebDocuments on-premises:
- no new features available (only the current legacy)
- no future/feature updates available
- no technical support available (applies to all support options including SLA)
- configuration and a virtual server will be required