Client manifestation: Outlook Sync v 13.0.x (fixed in build 220.127.116.1199 and further)
Server environment: Deep Castle 1, Deep Castle 2
We have encountered that several customers are unable to activate their Outlook Sync license. Issues caused by obtaining trial licenses and their expiry appear as follow-up errors. Client station of Outlook Sync should always show valid license expiry for your server license (Order-ID).
As some minor issues are still being polished in preparation of the official new version we offer this update for those affected by being unable to activate the license for their Outlook Sync.
For now, you can download it from the following link:
Download Outlook Sync provisional - 18.104.22.16899
To successfully activate a license for OutlookSync addon, please follow these steps:
Step 1: Checking and cleaning license activation counts
Before installation of new build, it is good to check whether a user is currently licensed in License manager to prevent exceeding license activation counts.
- License manager can be accessed at https://shop.icewarp.com/license/manage_license.php by entering your Order-ID or via. Remote console by Manage licenses button in Help-License window.
- Previously activated devices for a user can be identified by Reference-ID (not shown on License manager screenshot – test license) and date. (Either in Form-License-Dialog prompt shown or in device registry path)
- Registry path = Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion, where it should be shown in the form of Key.
- If you find any lingering activations that point to unused devices, remove them prior to new activation attempt.
- It is paramount to deactivate station which you are trying to fix the issue on.
- At this point, you can choose to erase all activations and regenerate new license with the defined amount of activations to comply with licensing policy. (Setting count and regenerating license for Desktop Client in the screenshot, also disabled for a user – Service entry marked pink)
- Please note, that licenses and their activations are not unlimited and are pooled by type of your license and plan.
Step 2: Outlook Sync addon update
After cleaning up unused devices and having free activation slot you can proceed with Outlook Sync update.
Step 3: Obtaining the license
When the installation is finished, and Outlook started the license should be obtained online from the IceWarp server and written to its license. This can be again checked trough License manager.
- Please make sure that https://licenseprocessor.icewarp.com (IceWarp Shop) is accessible from the server during client activation.
- If for some reason connection is not established, or activation failed on the device, users can manually Copy and Paste activation key from Webmail - Settings - Licenses tab Outlook Sync to Form-license-dialog prompt on the desired station.
Step 4: Addon block prevention
For some users, Outlook Sync addon vanishes from Outlook tab after filling Form-License-Dialog prompt. After the restart, the license prompt is back, and the manager shows no activation for the station.
- Outlook sometimes marks OSync addon as false positive and blocks him.
- This can be prevented by adding the following two registry entries:
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Resiliency\DoNotDisableAddinList (DWORD 32bit) IceWarp Outlook Sync 1
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Addins\IceWarp Outlook Sync (DWORD 32bit) LoadBehavior 3
- Please note the correlation between Outlook version and registry entry path - 15.0 for Outlook 2013 and 16.0 for Outlook 2016 and later
- We are attaching RegEdit file to this article, working for Outlook 2016 and later, to just run on the client station.
Outlook Sync addon should then start without a problem and confirm that it has activated successfully.
Step 5: Setting up mailing profile
In case any issues persist, the final step is creating a new profile for Outlook Sync.
- This creates a new working e-mail profile which can be checked in Control Panel - Mail on the device.
- On devices where more e-mail accounts are connected trough IMAP users might be concerned about those inboxes and e-mails.
- The best way is to connect and synchronize them again in a new profile, however, if for some reason this cannot be done (f.e. old discontinued POP3 account), the option is to export desired files to .pst and import them to newly created mailing profile.
Note: The version is provisional. Please note that before launching massive updates as the build currently being finished will include the licensing fix and a fix for other issues present with Outlook.