In Icewarp Mail Server you can set user account limits at three levels:
- global limit - applies to all accounts within all domains.
- domain limit - applies to all accounts within the domain, overrides any global settings (if set).
- user limit - applies to the particular user account, overrides any global and domain settings.
To make full use of these limits, they need to be enabled in the following places.
- Global Settings -> Domains -> Limits - check the boxes for limits you may want to override.
- Global Settings -> Accounts - enable account defaults.
It is recommended that at least the attachment and disk space limits are set for servers.
- 50000 in User mailbox size (kB).
- 13000 in User max message size (kB). Please note that there is an overhead due to base 64 encoding. For a 10 MB limit add around 30 % giving a value of 13000.
Note that these limits will only apply to new accounts.
If you want to change limits on multiple older account settings, you can either:
- Create a group containing the accounts you wish to affect and apply the limits to that group.
- Select multiple users in the management console and apply the limits.
- Use tool.exe (you can use wildcards).
tool.exe modify account *@* u_maxbox 1 u_maxboxsize 50000 u_maxmessagesize 13000
will set set all users in all domains to have a Maximum mailbox size of 50000 kB, a maximum message size of 13000 kB and enable the limit.
You can check all variables in the folder <Icewarp>\api\delphi\apiconst.pas file.
Here are the variables we've used:
U_MaxBox // Bool
U_MaxBoxSize // Int
U_MaxMessageSize // Int
Please note that if you are storing your accounts in an ODBC database, you can use SQL queries to change the data directly within the database.