IceWarp offers a Server Diagnostics option, located in System > Services > General tab > "Server Diagnostics..." button
How it works
The Server Diagnostics tool will check for several important factors as described below. The following is an example of a test where everything was successful.
- Checks your DNS servers, specified under System > Connection > General tab. You can specify several DNS servers separted by semi-colons (;). Be sure to specify DNS servers that let your system/IP do recursive queries, so it can find out the MX of the destination servers where it has to send mail out to.
- Checks that your primary domain has a valid MX record, so it can receive emails from remote systems. Your primary domain is the one that appears first, at the top, under Domains & Accounts > Management. To make a specific domain the primary domain, right click on it and choose "Set as primary domain". Note that the email administrator account defined in the primary domain receives important messages, such as system errors and information about upgrades and expiring licenses.
- Checks Internet Connectivity and Internet Services
- Checks connectivity to the Licensing Server
- It performs an SMTP message transfer test by sending mail using your server's IP to the administrator email account defined in the primary domain.