OS: Windows/Linux; IceWarp Server Version: 11/10
In Icewarp Mail Server you can set user account limits at three levels:
- global limit: applies to all accounts within all domains.
- domain limit: applies to all accounts within the domain, overrides any global settings (if set).
- user limit: applies to the particular user account, overrides any global and domain settings.
To make full use of these limits, they need to be enabled under the Domains & Accounts > Global Settings > Domains tab as shown below.
It is recommended that at least the attachment and disk space limits are set for servers.
- 50000 in User mailbox size (kB).
- 13000 in User max message size (kB). Please note that there is an overhead due to base 64 encoding. For a 10 MB limit add around 30 % giving a value of 13000.
Note: these limits will only apply to new accounts.
If you want to change limits on multiple older account settings, you can either:
- Create a group containing the accounts you wish to affect and apply the limits to that group.
- Select multiple users in the management console and apply the limits.
- Use tool.exe (you can use wildcards).
tool.exe modify account *@* u_maxbox 1 u_maxboxsize 50000 u_maxmessagesize 13000
will set the same limits as in the above screenshot to all users on the server.
The variables used in the example are:
- U_MaxBox // Enable mailbox size limit
- U_MaxBoxSize // Mailbox size limit (kB)
- U_MaxMessageSize // User max message size (kB)
You can check all variables in the apiconst.pas file under the path <icewarp_dir>\api\delphi\.