In order to determine why the AntiSpam engine is not working, you will need to look at the following:
- Make sure your license has Anti-spam as registered.
- Make sure the Anti-spam database is working. The easiest way to do this is to manually attempt to add an entry to the whitelist or blacklist through the Administration Console. This is located at Status > Spam Queues > Whitelist tab. If you can add an entry, and it shows up in the list, then the database is working properly. If you are not able to add an entry, then the database is not working.
- If the database is working, then you will have to review the AntiSpam Log. Debug logging must be enabled - you can do this by navigating to System > Services > General tab and highlighting the AntiSpam service. Select "Debug" from the dropdown list.
- Once debug logging is enabled, you can look at the AntiSpam log and determine why nothing is being flagged. Look in the log files for "BYPASS=", if this is there, then there is something that is causing the e-mails to be bypassed by the AntiSpam engine. All Reason codes can be found by going to the IceWarp Adminitration Console, hitting the F1 Function key, and searching for "reason codes".
This should help narrow down why messages are not being flagged as spam, or quarantined.
Rebuilding the AntiSpam Engine
There are times when the AntiSpam database can become corrupted, through one reason or another. At this time, it is recommended that you re-build the Database from scratch. However, we know it is important that you do not lose all the whitelist and blacklist items that you already have, so below are the steps needed to re-build and migrate old data to the new
- Navigate to Anti-Spam > DB settings and either take a screenshot or write down the information listed in the ODBC (you will need this information later).
- Close the IceWarp Administration Console.
- Go to the IceWarp installation directory and rename \Icewarp\spam to \Icewarp\spam_old
- Run the IceWarp installation file again to install and re-create the AntiSpam engine.
- After you have reinstalled IceWarp, go to AntiSpam > DB settings again, and either take a screenshot or write down the information listed in the ODBC.
- This should be different, but if it is the same, that's okay too.
Now, to transfer data from your current database to a new database, you simply need to follow the steps below:
- Create a new ODBC DSN that points to the old database (or edite the one that existed to point to the spam_old folder).
- Open up the Icewarp Console, navigate to System > Tools > Database Migration and choose the type of database that you will be transferring. (Accounts, Anti-Spam, or Groupware, Directory cache). In this case, choose AntiSpam
- In the Source DSN section place the ODBC DSN of the original database.
- In the Destination DSN section place the ODBC DSN of the new database
- Once you do this, simply click on the Start Migration button.
Now, it should work properly.