This article is about upgrading your IceWarp server to our new version EPOS.
Before we move forward with the upgrade, please read the article about the downgrade because we have made some changes.
To enhance the functionality of EPOS, it is advisable to transition from SQLite to the latest MariaDB before upgrading to EPOS. This will help overcome the constraints of SQLite, including the incapability to support foreign keys, among others.
The only thing you will have to have is a Windows Server 2012 R2 or newer; we recommend the newer version of the Windows Server because of the support from Microsoft.
If you have an older version of IceWarp, for example, version 11.X.X.X., here are the steps to upgrade your IceWarp server before you upgrade your server to the EPOS version, with links to every single version.
If you have an older version than version 126.96.36.199, we recommend a new installation.
To enhance the functionality of EPOS, it is advisable to transition from SQLite to MySQL DB before upgrading to EPOS. This will help overcome the constraints of SQLite, including the incapability to support foreign keys, among others.
PLEASE NOTE THAT FILE SYSTEM FOR ACCOUNTS IS NOT SUPPORTED ON THIS VERSION!
You can use this article for the migration before you proceed with the upgrade.
The latest version requires successfully passing the API check to make sure the server is accessible from outside for its latest feature called Dashboard. This is the initial step for each upgrade to EPOS.
This check opens two sessions simultaneously. In the first session, the client contacts our Dashboard microservice in our cloud and introduces itself. It continues to tell your server to provide the Smart Discover settings next.
In the second session, the server will try to contact your server through the Smart Discover settings and provide an answer in the first session.
There is an option to skip this check, but the recommended steps are to find out why you cannot reach our API. Issues will likely be in your infrastructure, so we recommend you look at the firewall and Smart Discover settings. The last thing is to ensure the communication is getting through both ways.
If you have discussed your situation about Dashboard with our technicians, you can use ".\install.exe /skipapicheck" to skip this check and proceed with the installation.
1. You can download Epos from our website, choose the option "upgrade", and enter your OrderID.
2. When your download is complete, you can proceed with the upgrade
3. Run the Epos installer as administrator and select the language of the installation wizard
4. You will see the welcome screen of the wizard
5. After clicking "Next" you will see our license agreement. Please read it carefully.
6. In the next step, you will be asked if you want to install additional components, such as "Desktop icon", "Quick launch icon", etc.
7. You can not choose a different path for the destination folder, because this is an upgrade
8. This is how the installation process looks like
9. Installation is now complete. Click on OK to continue.
10. On the last screenshot, which requires you to click on the next is the page where you can choose if you want to read about the news in this version
11. The very last screenshot is about the "Yoda Fulltext Search service" and by clicking on the "Wizard page" you will be redirected to the configuration wizard of "Yoda"
The installation is now complete.