This guide is designed to help you enable display alerts in Microsoft Outlook to trigger further issues with Outlook Sync.
The following windows environment variable can be set for enabling detailed Outlook error messages when loading VSTO add-ins.
The 'VSTO_SUPPRESSDISPLAYALERTS' windows environment variable can be set for enabling detailed Outlook error messages when loading VSTO add-ins.
Steps to set the VSTO_SUPPRESSDISPLAYALERTS variable
1. Close Microsoft Outlook
2. Hold down the Windows Key and press R on your keyboard. The run dialogue box will open.
3. Type in the sysdm.cpl and press 'OK'.
4. Select 'Environment variables...' on the Advanced tab.
5. Select 'New...' and enter 'VSTO_SUPPRESSDISPLAYALERTS' with a value of zero '0'.
6. Click 'OK' and restart Microsoft Outlook
7. Go to Options > Add-ins > Manage COM Add-ins > Go... in Outlook and enable the OutlookSync Add-in. You should now get the full error of why the add-in is not loading: